Saturday, September 27, 2008

Terence Update

So congrats to Brad and Chris and Wyatt and Bonnie. And good luck to Tavia. College football is great this year, lots of the top teams with their noses in the air getting beat. Everyone at work is getting more excited every day as we get closer to our Disney World trip to Florida. I leave on Debbie's birthday, so happy birthday now because I will probably forget. I hope this weather lasts for a while. We can do without the cold for a little while. I have pulled out my old slides from when I was in the Air Force. I am going to get them digitized and on a DVD so if there is anything of interest I will post them. Sorry I didn't do Leland's test, but I would have missed most of them.

By the way I do rememer when Wyatt got hit in the eye. I came riding up on the little Honda 90 motorcycle that Troy and I bought. There were several kids milling around outside and the front screen door was wide open (something Mother and Grandma would never put up with normally). So I knew something was up. I walked in the house and there was Wyatt laying on the couch with someone's shirt all bloody held to his eye. Mom was more or less in a controlled freak out. She told me to go get Dad on the railroad with my motorcycle and in the meantime she had called good old Aunt May to come drive them to the dr. Well luckily for me I had listened over the years and knew that Dad's section ran from the Depot north. So off I went along the tracks until I found the gang a little ways north of the old stock yards. I explained what happened and Dad just glanced at Herman (he was Dad's forman). Herman just nodded his head and Dad grabbed his lunch box and jumped on the back of the motorcycle and off we went. Aunt May was just backing out of the driveway as we got to the house. Do any of you think you could leave work now a days without a major explanation? Well maybe I could at my new job, but never when I worked for Dillards.
Those were the good days weather we believe it or not.
Later
Terence

3 comments:

2Bis2DO said...

I always wondered where the honda 90 came from. I just remmember dad asking me if he could sale it to his friend the McClains or something like that, that worked with dad and he paid me $25.oo for it. How it became mine i will never know.
I remember coming home and seeing Wyatt laying on the couch all bandaged up and hearing the story of them pounding on the metal thing and Gloria throwing out a steel rod and it hitting Wyatt.
Poor Wyatt gets all the bad luck.

Have fun at Disney land.

Shay Lee said...

I love all these stories!! I can see them in my head. Keep 'em coming all you old timers. LOL. Maybe I should say, "Oh wise ones". And I would say have fun in Disney World but I'm too jealous.

Reena Bostock said...

I love reading all of your stories and the comments everyone makes. It makes me wish we were closer making more stories with family. I miss you all so very much. Uncle Terence have fun in Disneyland. I think this will be the first year we don't go more than once. Like Shay said keep the good old stories coming. I think the cousins should start posting fun stories from when we were young in grandma's house. Remember the HOLE?